14 Day Road Trip in Your EV
Embarking on a 14-day road trip is an adventure unlike any other. It offers the opportunity to explore new places and create unforgettable memories along the way. The key to making the most of this journey is creating a well-planned itinerary. From deciding on destinations to mapping out driving routes and scheduling activities, there's a lot to consider when putting together an itinerary. The process can be overwhelming, but with careful planning and a bit of creativity, you can craft a road trip itinerary that will exceed your expectations and leave you feeling fulfilled and rejuvenated. So let the planning begin and get ready for a journey of a lifetime!
For those with an Electric car you might think is it possible so we have put together a suggested itinerary with stays at hotels with Electric Car Charging facilities installed by ePower:
Day 1: Arrival in Dublin
- Pick up your electric car rental by Dublin Airport.
- Stay at The Radisson Blu Dublin Airport, which offers Electric Car Charging facilities. Rest up and get ready for your next adventure!
Day 2-3: Connemara and Galway
- Drive west to Connemara and explore the beautiful landscapes and coastal areas.
- Stay at the Connemara Coast Hotel, which provides Electric Car Charging facilities.
Day 4-5: Mayo and Sligo
- Drive north to Mayo and visit attractions like Westport, Croagh Patrick, and Achill Island.
- Stay at the McWilliam Park Hotel in Claremorris, which offers Electric Car Charging facilities.
- Explore Sligo and its stunning scenery, including Benbulben and Sligo Abbey.
Day 6-7: Dublin and Wicklow
- Drive east to Dublin and spend a day exploring the city's vibrant culture, historic sites, and lively atmosphere.
- Stay at the Plaza Hotel Tallaght or Tallaght Cross Hotel, both of which provide Electric Car Charging facilities.
- Take a day trip to County Wicklow, known as the "Garden of Ireland," and visit attractions like Glendalough and Powerscourt Estate.
Day 8-9: Kilkenny and Carlow
- Drive south to Kilkenny and explore its medieval charm, including Kilkenny Castle and St. Canice's Cathedral.
- Stay at the Mount Wolseley Hotel in Tullow, County Carlow, which offers Electric Car Charging facilities.
- Visit Carlow town and enjoy its rich history and beautiful gardens.
Day 10-11: Shannon and Killarney
- Drive southwest to Shannon and stay at the Park Inn Shannon Airport, which provides Electric Car Charging facilities.
- Explore County Clare and visit the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren.
- Drive further south to Killarney and experience the stunning landscapes of Killarney National Park.
- Stay at Aghadoe Heights, a luxury hotel overlooking the lakes of Killarney, which offers Electric Car Charging facilities.
Day 12-13: Donegal and Slieve League
- Drive north to County Donegal and visit the magnificent Slieve League cliffs.
- Stay at Harvey's Point Hotel, which provides Electric Car Charging facilities.
- Explore the natural beauty of Donegal, including Glenveagh National Park and Donegal Castle.
Day 14: Cavan and Departure
- Drive east to Cavan and stay at the Cavan Crystal Hotel, which offers Electric Car Charging facilities.
- Enjoy the tranquillity of the lakes and forests in County Cavan.
- Return to Dublin Airport to drop off your electric car rental and head back home.
Ireland is ideally suited for electric driving, but EV road-trippers are also likely to encounter the stress of finding chargers we hope this guide helps you take the stress out of your next Irish adventure!